The mummers hit the streets of Philadelphia
So as you all know yesterday we turned another year. It’s 2011 people, which means start of a fresh and exciting new year. There are people who have traditions and certain “tools” that they use to make the first day of the year a relaxing and great time. If you are anywhere near Philadelphia on New Years day, and can wake up early enough,you’ll only need a few simple tools to make your day exciting. One, you will need a warm cup of hot chocolate or a fresh beverage of choice, as long as it’s in a solo cup. Two, bring a collapsible chair and plant it somewhere on Broad Street. Sit in that seat and let the Mummers handle the rest.
This year after having a crazy new years eve, I set out with my fiance and a few friends to catch the Mummers Day Parade. It was amazing, all the work that goes into the production of this parade is incredible. Here’s a few pictures from the parade, the outfits were terrific as usual! To view more pics from the Mummers Day Parade from this year and last year please view my Philly photo set here.
- Warm weather brings crowds – and smiles – to Mummers Parade (philly.com)
- Mummers unzip secrets (philly.com)
- Mummers divulge secrets to their ‘process of elimination’ (philly.com)
- City promises a more family-friendly Mummers Parade (philly.com)
- A warm parade in more ways than one (philly.com)
- Get Front Row Views of Magnificent Mummer Performances at This Years’ Parade (gloucestercitynews.net)
- A Philly Tradition Gets New Followers (npr.org)