“Yo dude, I’m getting a Z1000, think you’d want to shoot it?”
“Yea sure, but what the shit is a Z1000?!”
Well that’s how the conversation between me and Tony started a few weeks ago. Tony is the webmaster and page designer of my official website at www.joedantone.com if you would like to inquire about any website work shoot him an email at email@example.com
Oh yes, back to our scheduled blogging.
So the Z1000 is a Kawasaki. It’s a pretty interesting bike. From the factory it has “alien like” side mirrors on it. Kind of weird looking, assuming that is why they were replaced with Ride It Forever Bar End Mirrors. This bike also has a really short wheel base. It takes on the stance of a Buell XB9SX, the wheelbase of this bike is 56.7in. It looks so much fun to throw around on the streets. This bike in specific has a couple more mods other than just the mirrors. This puppy has all the goodies.
- Vance and Hines Urban Brawlers
- DDM Tuning 35W 6000K HID Kit
- Puig Windscreen
- Tuner X Intergrated Tail Light
- OES Frame Sliders
- Z1000 Logo’d Adjustable Levers
- Ride It Forever bar end mirrors
On to the pics!
This weekend I decided to call up a few friends with sport bikes, “crotch rockets”, and do a shoot. I typically don’t shoot bikes at all. I will say, shooting a motorcycle is a lot harder, it forces you to be more creative. A car has many different areas to focus on, so it allows angles and creativity to flow. Car’s are also drastically different in shape, style, and purpose. A motorcycle on the other hand is a little more interesting. Besides the fact that you can fit one inside of a doorway, there’s really not much to them. Yes they can be different in style, from sport bike to choppers and such. When talking about sport bikes though there is really only one purpose, go fast, corner, and don’t get dead.
With this shoot I wanted to take a new approach. Since I have shot a form of transportation in a while I figured I would experiment a little with editing technique and shooting set-ups. All the photos from this shoot were done with 2 Canon 580exII speedlights wirelessly and they were processed to give that dark and sharp grungy feel. We were limited with location at the time of day but over-all I felt pretty comfortable with the spot.
In the photos we have Matt’s bike which is a modified Kawasaki ZX-10R. I previously did a shoot of his E36 here. The Honda F4i is modified as well and that belongs to Ryan. On with the pictures and to veiw the rest go to my Flickr
- kawasaki ZX-10R Ninja 2011 (motorcyclegalactica.wordpress.com)
- Kawasaki unveils new Ninja ZX-10R (autonetinsurance.co.uk)
- Running Gear Headed Down The Sprocket Drive (missbusa.wordpress.com)
- MotoUSA Rides The Ducati Diavel (ridelust.com)
- Kawasaki ZX-10R (lifeswaytooshort.wordpress.com)
- Buying Your First Bike (motorcycleinsurance.org)
- Man Gets Out Of Big Trouble By Claiming His Throttle Got Stuck at 130mph (chicagonow.com)