This weekend I decided to call up a few friends with sport bikes, “crotch rockets”, and do a shoot. I typically don’t shoot bikes at all. I will say, shooting a motorcycle is a lot harder, it forces you to be more creative. A car has many different areas to focus on, so it allows angles and creativity to flow. Car’s are also drastically different in shape, style, and purpose. A motorcycle on the other hand is a little more interesting. Besides the fact that you can fit one inside of a doorway, there’s really not much to them. Yes they can be different in style, from sport bike to choppers and such. When talking about sport bikes though there is really only one purpose, go fast, corner, and don’t get dead.
With this shoot I wanted to take a new approach. Since I have shot a form of transportation in a while I figured I would experiment a little with editing technique and shooting set-ups. All the photos from this shoot were done with 2 Canon 580exII speedlights wirelessly and they were processed to give that dark and sharp grungy feel. We were limited with location at the time of day but over-all I felt pretty comfortable with the spot.
In the photos we have Matt’s bike which is a modified Kawasaki ZX-10R. I previously did a shoot of his E36 here. The Honda F4i is modified as well and that belongs to Ryan. On with the pictures and to veiw the rest go to my Flickr
- kawasaki ZX-10R Ninja 2011 (motorcyclegalactica.wordpress.com)
- Kawasaki unveils new Ninja ZX-10R (autonetinsurance.co.uk)
- Running Gear Headed Down The Sprocket Drive (missbusa.wordpress.com)
- MotoUSA Rides The Ducati Diavel (ridelust.com)
- Kawasaki ZX-10R (lifeswaytooshort.wordpress.com)
- Buying Your First Bike (motorcycleinsurance.org)
- Man Gets Out Of Big Trouble By Claiming His Throttle Got Stuck at 130mph (chicagonow.com)